Finance Department Overview
To fulfill Beta-i's mission a lot of things happen everyday involving people, partners and customers. In the Finance department we help the different teams to plan and control their activities and costs so they can focus on what they do best. From management process optimization, planning cycles to monthly controls reports, we are at the center of all that is happening at Beta-i.
About the position
In this internship, you will work alongside the Head of the department to help on management process optimization, planning and budgeting, investments and suppliers negotiation.
What will you do?
- Work with the team to map current processes and identify optimizations;
- Gather and consolidate information to consistently produce reporting for budget control;
- Analyze documents resulting from the business relations of the company, namely: control invoices, payments and receipts;
- Support functional areas in the preparation of their plans and budgeting;
- Support the reporting of monthly management information to the various Heads of departments and to the Board, as well as to analyze the accounting information relevant to the monitoring of the main financial KPIs.
What should you bring with you?
- A master degree in Business Management, Finance or Economics, or related subject (so you know exactly what we’re talking about);
- Capacity to work well with others and good communication skills;
- A strong sense of responsibility since you’ll be working with very important company processes;
- You live and breathe Excel and can’t imagine how was the world without it;
- We have a very diverse group of people and we rely on English to understand each other – so business proficiency in English (written and spoken) is key;
- A lot of our documentation is in Portuguese, so you should be fully autonomous to read and understand Portuguese;
- Availability to start in September.
Will you fit?
On top of this, there are five Beta-i Super Powers you should bring with you:
- Humaniak | You put humans at the heart of all you do.
- Ownershift | You own the shift you want to see.
- Feedgize | You energize yourself through constant feedback.
- Teampathy | Empathy makes you part of Beta-we.
- Distinctify | You show the distinctive you.
Beta-i is a human centered innovation platform and our mission is to enable the creation of innovation ecosystems by transforming mindsets and giving tools to ideate, create and grow new business. We help new and established businesses grow through three core business areas: Education, Corporate Innovation and Acceleration.
Internationally recognized as one of the leading companies in this field, and for running Lisbon Challenge, one of Europe’s most active startup accelerators, since 2010 we have received +5000 applications to our several programs and accelerated over 850 startups, that have raised +65M.