Beta-i is one of the main entrepreneurship and innovation organizations in Europe. We help new and established businesses grow the startup way, by running acceleration and innovation programs, organizing events, promoting investment and creating great workspaces at our hub.
Recognized as one of the world most active startup accelerators and by Wired magazine as “the top incubator in town”, since 2010 we have received 4000+ startup applications to our programs and accelerated over 600 startups, that have raised +60M, having also 12.000+ people attending our events.
The Challenge: Corporate Accelerators
We are looking for a Program Director to head some of our corporate acceleration programs. The Program Director knows what a startup needs to succeed and how to field test their solution with corporate clients to demonstrate the value of working together. The Program director can quickly learn the details of many industries and is familiar with corporate and startup ways of working alike.
This person is a visionary, a good coach, enthusiastic and passionate, a go-getter, hardworking, has a getting-stuff-done attitude, sharp, and direct.
What will you do?
- Own the accelerator program, scale its reach and strengthen its brand, constantly striving to make it better;
- Business development and strategic partnership building with clients;
- Continuously review Corporate accelerators’ positioning and thinking of new ways of making it competitive;
- Navigate corporate clients’ structures to get the job done - field testing startup solutions with impact;
- Lead Startups and Corporate clients in understanding their potential together;
- Interact productively with corporate partners from strategic to operational level;
- Coaching the startups in the program on a daily basis;
- Engaging with and managing the existing community of mentors, experts and partners;
- Inspire and manage a high-performance team of professionals and interns;
- Manage recruitment and selection of startups;
- Organizing and facilitating sessions and daily operations of the program;
- Take care of preparation and operations for milestones events.
What should you bring with you?
The perfect candidate for this role is someone who has been part of building a tech company and has a good understanding of technology. She/he could have potentially started as a builder, but later gained experience as a leader in a company. She/he has lived and/or done business in different cultures and has excellent communication skills in English. Experience in the early stage investment scene is a big plus.
- At least 5 years of experience in a fast-paced project or program management focused position;
- Fluent in Portuguese and English;
- Experienced and successful entrepreneur is a plus;
- Mentor to entrepreneurs in your ecosystem with outstanding reviews;
- Good understanding of technology;
- Measurable Success in building a compelling brand, team, network;
- Equally adept at strategy and execution with a drive for quick results and a vision to align long term strategies iteratively to market fit and users adaptability;
- Self-starter who is highly intrinsically motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently, manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines along been able to remain flexible and adaptable in a rapidly changing environment;
- Super smart with excellent analytical, communication, people management, critical thinking, problem solving and leadership skills;
- Curious and able to learn the details of a wide range of industries, from fintech to automotive to health, you name it.
Lisbon is a growing international hub and Beta-i is one of its key players and we believe that we’re living very exciting times and moving to a new phase of the ecosystems where investment is one of the key success factors for new and dynamic entrepreneurs.
We are now a team of 30+ people and we are looking for people who share the same vision as us, that have deep knowledge in startups and that like to work in a fast–paced working environment with an autonomous attitude to get things done.